An Experienced Florida Maritime Accident Attorney from Callejo Law Can Help Recover Damages
Water vehicles come in many shapes and sizes and are ubiquitous in Florida. Cruise ships and maritime vehicles are two of the most common types of water vehicles in Florida. If you or a family member have been injured or killed in any type of maritime accident, you may be entitled to financial compensation for your losses.
If you can show your injuries were caused by some type of watercraft, an experienced Florida maritime accident attorney at Callejo Law can help.
What Are the Causes of Boating Accidents in Florida?
Regrettably, many watercraft operators have little or no experience, even in Florida, mainly recreational boat operators or tourists. In addition, many drivers do not even have the proper license required to operate a boat. As a result, boating accidents happen all too frequently throughout the state of Florida, involving both tourists and residents. Some of the most common causes of boating accidents include:
- The leading cause of fatal boating accidents is alcohol.
- Many boaters ignorantly feel like traffic rules don’t apply to them.
- Negligent boat operators often make dangerously sharp turns, causing passengers to be ejected from the boat or thrown around inside the boat, resulting in severe injury or drowning.
- Many inexperienced boat operators have no safety equipment, even life jackets, onboard for drivers and passengers. As a result, boat accidents are hazardous for passengers who have difficulty swimming in unfamiliar or choppy waters, do not wear life jackets, have been knocked unconscious, or simply cannot swim.
- Significant waves caused by careless boat operators may cause other watercraft to crash or overturn.
- Most fatal watercraft deaths are caused by drowning. Unfortunately, most drowning victims were not wearing a life jacket.
- In cases where the boat operator’s training status was known, a large percentage of deaths occurred on boats on which the operator did not receive any boating safety instruction.
Common Cruise Ship Accidents in Florida
Whether you are a passenger on a cruise ship or a member of the crew, accidents can and do happen. Some of the most common types of injuries that occur on cruise ships include:
- Slip and fall accidents
- Food poisoning
- Swimming pool accidents
- Elevator and escalator accidents
- Recreational activities
- Legionnaires Disease
- Assault and sexual assault
Let a Florida Maritime Accident Attorney at Callejo Law Help You with Your Claim
Callejo Law has over 25 years of legal experience and focuses entirely on personal injury and workers’ comp claims. We are experienced, accessible, and available to offer you personalized attention at any time. The quality of our service has earned us a perfect 5.0 on Google Reviews, and all clients have Ms. Callejo’s cell phone number.
If you have suffered injuries caused by a maritime accident, contact an experienced Florida maritime accident attorney at Callejo Law for help. We offer free consultations, same-day returns of phone calls and emails, bilingual representation, and 24/7/365 availability.